Sunday, July 29, 2012

Crafts to "DIY" for: Melted Crayon Art

It seems everywhere you look there is a new version of melted crayon art, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before I jumped on board for this fun craft. I, of course, wanted to take it one step further and have it span across two canvases. The stencils are some I found browsing the internet and then modified them so they actually fit nicely together. Unfortunately, this was such a messy process that documenting the steps slipped my mind, but here is the inspiration for my piece with some great step-by-step directions. Believe me, this took much, much longer than expected*, however I am so happy with the finished project! Now I just need to find the perfect place to hang it...
                                   Melted crayon art!!
*I opted for dollar store crayons, assuming the poorer quality would melt quicker. WRONG! Crayola is the way to go!


                     Have you attempted a melted crayon project? 

1 comment:

  1. Love this DIY! I am going to have to try this out myself!
    Would love it if you stopped by my blog http://thecoralcharm.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete